Essential Skills Training
Skills Required for Workplace Success
Eligible in-state businesses and out-of-state companies relocating to Pennsylvania can apply to WEDnetPA to access training funds. The funding, in turn, can be used for a wide range of training — categorized as either Essential Skills Training or Advanced Technology Training.
Essential Skills Training provides instruction in a variety of skills needed to be successful in the workplace, including training in the areas of Business Operations, Computers, Quality Assurance, and Workplace Health and Safety.
Eligible activities will be those that improve the essential job skills required for the employee's current position. Essential skills will be defined according to the type and scope of business being conducted by the employer. Some of the training elements eligible through the program may include:
- Applied Mathematics and Measurement
- Business Operations
- Communications and Teamwork
- Continuous Improvement/Kaizen
- Lean Manufacturing/Lean Enterprise
- Manufacturing Fundamentals
- Blueprint Reading
- Welding, Soldering
- Tooling, Grinding
- Machine Setup and Maintenance
- Problem Solving
- Product and Process Control
- Quality Assurance
- Six Sigma White Belt & Yellow Belt
- Workplace Behavior Skills
- Workplace Health and Safety
Training can be received offsite, onsite at your business, or online.
To qualify for training, however, your company must meet a set of specific eligibility requirements.