Does Your Company Qualify?
Is Your Company Eligible for the Program?
To obtain job training funding through WEDnetPA, your company must meet the following qualifications.
- First, your company must meet the overall qualifications for the Program ...
- Employers must be based in Pennsylvania or have a significant presence in the state.
- Participation is limited to two years in a row and three out of the past five years.
- Training must commence by February 1st or by the end of the fiscal year, whichever comes first. If not, the funds will be forfeited.
- Point-of-sale retail businesses, gaming establishments, training vendors, employment agencies, government agencies, government-owned facilities, education and nonprofit entities are ineligible.
- Note: some unions, labor organizations and nonprofit healthcare entities may qualify as exceptions. Please contact a WEDnetPA partner for more information.
- Applicants with an employee turnover rate greater than 25% are ineligible.
- Employees must be residents of Pennsylvania and employed in Pennsylvania.
- Employees must earn at least 150% of current federal minimum wage, excluding benefits.
- The jobs must be permanent full-time positions eligible for full-time benefits.
Each employer will sign an Applicant Memorandum of Agreement confirming that all of the above requirements will be met and are subject to verification.
- Then, your company must qualify for the specific training program it is interested in obtaining for its employees -- either Essential Skills Training or Advanced Technology Training.
Essential Skills Training Qualifications
- Employers must be manufacturing or technology businesses including Biotech and Environmental-Tech companies.
- Employers may apply for funding for any number of eligible employees up to $450 per employee and up to $75,000 total per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30).
- Employees must be frontline employees or first-level supervisors.
- On-the-job and orientation training do not qualify for the program.
- Funds cannot be used to address workplace adult literacy needs.
Advanced Technology Training Qualifications
- All companies are eligible for Advanced Technology funding (with the exceptions noted in #1 above).
- Employers may apply for funding for any number of eligible employees up to $850 per employee and $50,000 per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30).
- All employees can be reimbursed for Advanced Technology-eligible training regardless of job title, type of company or company size, as long as there is a clear connection between the training and the employee’s current job responsibilities.
- Introductory courses are not eligible. MS Office and office-type applications do not qualify. This includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, One Note, Access and Publisher.